--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Home Shop now! About Media Showcase Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Artisan: Rita Nkornu-Hayford

Rita Nkornu-Hayford makes Collectible African dolls
My name is Rita Nkornu and I'm from the Eastern Region of Ghana. I started this business fifteen years ago. My husband and I are both artists in screen printing, block and batik. We started African women activities doll making as a hobby at home and later developed it into business. Our dolls are very popular now.It takes two days to complete three to five dolls if we have the basic materials available.We're blessed with two children: a boy and a girl who are fifteen and eleven years respectively.This is a job we both love and we wish to expand the business in the very near future with totally new types of African dolls.

No comments: